Inchinch1 (inch),USA pronunciation n.
- a unit of length, &fracnumer;
foot, equivalent to 2.54 centimeters.
- a very small amount of anything;
narrow margin: to win by an inch; to avert disaster by an inch.
- by inches:
by a narrow margin: escaped by inches.
- Also, inch by inch. by small degrees or stages;
gradually: The miners worked their way through the narrow shaft inch by inch.
- every inch, in every respect;
completely: That horse is every inch a thoroughbred.
- within an inch of, nearly;
close to: He came within an inch of getting killed in the crash.
- to move by inches or small degrees: We inched our way along the road.
Woodwood1 (wŏŏd),USA pronunciation n.
- the hard, fibrous substance composing most of the stem and branches of a tree or shrub, and lying beneath the bark;
- the trunks or main stems of trees as suitable for architectural and other purposes;
timber or lumber.
- the cask, barrel, or keg, as distinguished from the bottle: aged in the wood.
- See wood block (def. 1).
- a woodwind instrument.
- the section of a band or orchestra composed of woodwinds.
- Often, woods. (used with a sing. or pl. v.) a large and thick collection of growing trees;
a grove or forest: They picnicked in the woods.
- [Golf.]a club with a wooden head, as a driver, brassie, spoon, or baffy for hitting long shots. Cf. iron (def. 5).
- have the wood on, [Australian Slang.]to have an advantage over or have information that can be used against.
- knock on wood, (used when knocking on something wooden to assure continued good luck): The car's still in good shape, knock on wood.Also, esp. Brit.,touch wood.
- out of the woods:
- out of a dangerous, perplexing, or difficult situation;
- no longer in precarious health or critical condition;
out of danger and recovering.
- made of wood;
- used to store, work, or carry wood: a wood chisel.
- dwelling or growing in woods: wood bird.
- to cover or plant with trees.
- to supply with wood;
get supplies of wood for.
- to take in or get supplies of wood (often fol. by up): to wood up before the approach of winter.
Traversetrav•erse (trav′ərs, trə vûrs′),USA pronunciation v., -ersed, -ers•ing, n., adj.
- to pass or move over, along, or through.
- to go to and fro over or along.
- to extend across or over: A bridge traverses the stream.
- to go up, down, or across (a rope, mountain, hill, etc.) at an angle: The climbers traversed the east face of the mountain.
- to ski across (a hill or slope).
- to cause to move laterally.
- to look over, examine, or consider carefully;
- to go counter to;
- to contradict or deny.
- (in the law of pleading) to deny formally (an allegation of fact set forth in a previous pleading).
- to join issue upon.
- to turn and point (a gun) in any direction.
- to pass along or go across something;
cross: a point in the river where we could traverse.
- to ski across a hill or slope on a diagonal.
- to turn laterally, as a gun.
- [Fencing.]to glide the blade toward the hilt of the contestant's foil while applying pressure to the blade.
- the act of passing across, over, or through.
- something that crosses, obstructs, or thwarts;
- a transversal or similar line.
- a place where one may traverse or cross;
- [Archit.]a transverse gallery or loft of communication in a church or other large building.
- a bar, strip, rod, or other structural part placed or extending across;
- a railing, lattice, or screen serving as a barrier.
- the zigzag track of a vessel compelled by contrary winds or currents to sail on different courses.
- each of the runs in a single direction made in such sailing.
- a defensive barrier, parapet, or the like, placed transversely.
- a defensive barrier thrown across the terreplein or the covered way of a fortification to protect it from enfilade fire.
- [Gunnery.]the horizontal turning of a gun so as to make it point in any required direction.
- the motion of a lathe tool or grinding wheel along a piece of work.
- a part moving along a piece of work in this way, as the carriage of a lathe.
- a series of intersecting surveyed lines whose lengths and angles of intersection, measured at instrument stations, are recorded graphically on a map and in numerical form in data tables. Cf. closed traverse.
- [Law.]a formal denial of some matter of fact alleged by the other side.
tra•vers ′a•ble, adj.
- lying, extending, or passing across;
tra•vers ′al, n.
tra•vers ′er, n.
Rodsrod (rod),USA pronunciation n., v., rod•ded, rod•ding.
- a stick, wand, staff, or the like, of wood, metal, or other material.
- a straight, slender shoot or stem of any woody plant, whether still growing or cut from the plant.
- See fishing rod.
- (in plastering or mortaring) a straightedge moved along screeds to even the plaster between them.
- a stick used for measuring.
- a unit of linear measure, 51⁄2 yards or 161⁄2 feet (5.029 m);
linear perch or pole.
- a unit of square measure, 301⁄4 square yards (25.29 sq. m);
square perch or pole.
- a stick, or a bundle of sticks or switches bound together, used as an instrument of punishment.
- punishment or discipline: Not one to spare the rod, I sent him to bed without dinner.
- a wand, staff, or scepter carried as a symbol of office, authority, power, etc.
- authority, sway, or rule, esp. when tyrannical.
- See lightning rod.
- a slender bar or tube for draping towels over, suspending a shower curtain, etc.
- a branch of a family;
- a pattern, drawn on wood in full size, of one section of a piece of furniture.
- a pistol or revolver.
- [Vulgar.]the penis.
- one of the rodlike cells in the retina of the eye, sensitive to low intensities of light. Cf. cone (def. 5).
- [Bacteriol.]a rod-shaped microorganism.
- Also called leveling rod, stadia rod. a light pole, conspicuously marked with graduations, held upright and read through a surveying instrument in leveling or stadia surveying.
- round metal stock for drawing and cutting into slender bars.
- to furnish or equip with a rod or rods, esp. lightning rods.
- to even (plaster or mortar) with a rod.
- to reinforce (the core of a mold) with metal rods.
Howdy folks, this attachment is about 2 Inch Wood Traverse Rods (superb Decorative Traverse Curtain Rods #3). This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 694 x 653. This attachment's file size is only 77 KB. If You desired to download This attachment to Your PC, you should Click here. You could also see more images by clicking the following photo or see more at here: Decorative Traverse Curtain Rods.
2 Inch Wood Traverse Rods (superb Decorative Traverse Curtain Rods #3) continues to be picked from the newly-married couple to accomplish the house. In addition to its layout that is contemporary but nevertheless basic, this table also been as a result of many rewards for example could be utilized as a way of gathering together the family, a childis learning, a spot to place the kitchen equipment and so on.
This stand is normally along with a mini home but may also be positioned on another space. Pricing desk can be cheaper than different table due to its small size. There's no damage in listening to some style multifunctional club table below for enthusiasm if you prefer to purchase this stand.
The Decorative Traverse Curtain Rods ideal for kitchen space's modern form. This mini table comes with a design that is rectangular that is sleek to generate it look more presentable for a vibrant couple that is young. Therefore didn't invest much time a new pair who are very busy modern platforms can also be quicker treated and washed.
This stand is sold with natural or metallic shade such as dull, bright or black. Chairs are employed also straightforward and not too much with all 3 seats' quantity. This stand is useful for eating alone and communicating as the dimension isn't too large. Products used ie steel.
The 2 Inch Wood Traverse Rods (superb Decorative Traverse Curtain Rods #3) suited to natural kind of kitchen area. This natural table has a square-shape that is fuller than lumber or MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) in order to create a more natural impact. This stand combines natural shades like bright and brown.
Tabletops bigger so that it can be used to put fruits products including spoons, discs, etc. Seats used to be lean having a spherical or square thighs are thin and modest to be able to prevent the impression of rigidity while in the home.