Couchcouch (kouch or, for 6, 15, ko̅o̅ch),USA pronunciation n.
- a piece of furniture for seating from two to four people, typically in the form of a bench with a back, sometimes having an armrest at one or each end, and partly or wholly upholstered and often fitted with springs, tailored cushions, skirts, etc.;
- a similar article of furniture, with a headrest at one end, on which some patients of psychiatrists or psychoanalysts lie while undergoing treatment.
- a bed or other place of rest;
any place used for repose.
- the lair of a wild beast.
- [Brewing.]the frame on which barley is spread to be malted.
- [Papermaking.]the board or felt blanket on which wet pulp is laid for drying into paper sheets.
- a primer coat or layer, as of paint.
- on the couch, [Informal.]undergoing psychiatric or psychoanalytic treatment.
- to arrange or frame (words, a sentence, etc.);
put into words;
express: a simple request couched in respectful language.
- to express indirectly or obscurely: the threat couched under his polite speech.
- to lower or bend down, as the head.
- to lower (a spear, lance, etc.) to a horizontal position, as for attack.
- to put or lay down, as for rest or sleep;
cause to lie down.
- to lay or spread flat.
- [Papermaking.]to transfer (a sheet of pulp) from the wire to the couch.
- to embroider by couching.
- [Archaic.]to hide;
- to lie at rest or asleep;
- to crouch;
- to lie in ambush or in hiding;
- to lie in a heap for decomposition or fermentation, as leaves.
Greatgreat (grāt),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., n., pl. greats, (esp. collectively) great, interj.
- unusually or comparatively large in size or dimensions: A great fire destroyed nearly half the city.
- large in number;
numerous: Great hordes of tourists descend on Europe each summer.
- unusual or considerable in degree, power, intensity, etc.: great pain.
very good: We had a great time. That's great!
- being such in an extreme or notable degree: great friends; a great talker.
exceptionally outstanding: a great occasion.
highly significant or consequential: the great issues in American history.
famous: a great inventor.
- of noble or lofty character: great thoughts.
- chief or principal: the great hall; his greatest novel.
- of high rank, official position, or social standing: a great noble.
- much in use or favor: "Humor'' was a great word with the old physiologists.
- of extraordinary powers;
having unusual merit;
very admirable: a great statesman.
- of considerable duration or length: We waited a great while for the train.
- enthusiastic about some specified activity (usually fol. by at, for, or on): He's great on reading poetry aloud.
expert (usually fol. by at or on): He's great at golf.
- being of one generation more remote from the family relative specified (used in combination): a great-grandson.
- great with child, being in the late stages of pregnancy.
- very well: Things have been going great for him.
- a person who has achieved importance or distinction in a field: She is one of the theater's greats.
- great persons, collectively: England's literary great.
- (often cap.) greats, (used with a sing. v.) Also called great go. [Brit. Informal.]
- the final examination for the bachelor's degree in the classics and mathematics, or Literae Humaniores, esp. at Oxford University and usually for honors.
- the course of study.
- the subject studied.
- (used to express acceptance, appreciation, approval, admiration, etc.).
- (used ironically or facetiously to express disappointment, annoyance, distress, etc.): Great! We just missed the last train home.
Wayway1 (wā),USA pronunciation n.
- manner, mode, or fashion: a new way of looking at a matter; to reply in a polite way.
- characteristic or habitual manner: Her way is to work quietly and never complain.
- a method, plan, or means for attaining a goal: to find a way to reduce costs.
- a respect or particular: The plan is defective in several ways.
- a direction or vicinity: Look this way. We're having a drought out our way.
- passage or progress on a course: to make one's way on foot; to lead the way.
- Often, ways. distance: They've come a long way.
- a path or course leading from one place to another: What's the shortest way to town?
- an old Roman or pre-Roman road: Icknield Way.
- a minor street in a town: He lives in Stepney Way.
- a road, route, passage, or channel (usually used in combination): highway; waterway; doorway.
- a right of way.
- any line of passage or travel, used or available: to blaze a way through dense woods.
- space for passing or advancing: to clear a way through the crowd.
- Often, ways. a habit or custom: The grandmother lived by the ways of the old country.
- course or mode of procedure that one chooses or wills: They had to do it my way.
- condition, as to health, prosperity, or the like: to be in a bad way.
- range or extent of experience or notice: the best device that ever came in my way.
- a course of life, action, or experience: The way of transgressors is hard.
- business: to be in the haberdashery way.
- ways, two or more ground ways down which a hull slides in being launched.
- movement or passage through the water.
- [Mach.]a longitudinal strip, as in a planer, guiding a moving part along a surface.
- by the way, in the course of one's remarks;
incidentally: By the way, have you received that letter yet?
- by way of:
- by the route of;
- as a method or means of: to number articles by way of distinguishing them.
- in the state or position of (being, doing, etc.);
ostensibly: He is by way of being an authority on the subject.
- come one's way, to come to one;
befall one: A bit of good fortune came my way.
- give way:
- to withdraw or retreat: The army gave way before the advance of the enemy.
- to collapse;
break down: You will surely give way under the strain of overwork.
- give way to:
- to yield to: He gave way to their entreaties.
- to become unrestrained or uninhibited;
lose control of (one's temper, emotions, etc.): I gave way to my rage and ordered them from the house.
- go all the way:
- to do completely or wholeheartedly.
- to take a decisive action, esp. one from which no retreat is possible: Neither side wants to go all the way with nuclear warfare.
- to engage in sexual intercourse.
- go out of one's way, to do something that inconveniences one;
make an unusual effort: Please don't go out of your way on my account.
- have a way with, to have a charming, persuasive, or effective manner of dealing with: He has a way with children; to have a way with words.
- have one's way with, (esp. of a man) to have sexual intercourse with, sometimes by intimidating or forcing one's partner.
- in a family way, pregnant.
- in a way, after a fashion;
to some extent: In a way, she's the nicest person I know.
- in someone's way, forming a hindrance, impediment, or obstruction: She might have succeeded in her ambition, had not circumstances been in her way.Also, in the way.
- lead the way:
- to go along a course in advance of others, as a guide.
- to take the initiative;
be first or most prominent: In fashion she has always led the way.
- make one's way:
- to go forward;
proceed: to make one's way through the mud.
- to achieve recognition or success;
advance: to make one's way in the world.
- make way:
- to allow to pass;
clear the way: Make way for the king!
- to relinquish to another;
withdraw: He resigned to make way for a younger man.
- [Naut.]to make forward or astern progress even though engines are not running.
- no way, not under any circumstances;
no: Apologize to him? No way!
- out of the way:
- in a state or condition so as not to obstruct or hinder.
- dealt with;
disposed of: I feel better, now that one problem is out of the way.
- murdered: to have a person put out of the way.
- out of the frequented way;
at a distance from the usual route.
amiss: There was something decidedly out of the way about her explanation.
unusual: Such behavior was out of the way for him.
- pave the way to or for. See pave (def. 2).
- see one's way clear, to regard as suitable or possible;
consider seriously: We couldn't see our way clear to spending so much money at once.Also, see one's way.
- take one's way, to start out;
go: He took his way across the park and headed uptown.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Meetmeet1 (mēt),USA pronunciation v., met, meet•ing, n.
- to come upon;
come into the presence of;
encounter: I would meet him on the street at unexpected moments.
- to become acquainted with;
be introduced to: I've never met your cousin.
- to join at an agreed or designated place or time: Meet me in St. Louis.
- to be present at the arrival of: to meet a train.
- to come to or before (one's notice, or a means of noticing, as the eyes or ears): A peculiar sight met my eyes.
- to come into the company of (a person, group, etc.) in dealings, conference, etc.
- to face, eye, etc., directly or without avoidance.
- to come into physical contact, juxtaposition, or collision with: The two cars met each other head-on at high speed.
- to encounter in opposition, conflict, or contest: Harvard meets Yale next week in football.
- to oppose: to meet charges with countercharges.
- to cope or deal effectively with (an objection, difficulty, etc.).
- to comply with;
satisfy: to meet a deadline; to meet a demand.
- to pay in full: How will you meet expenses?
- to come into conformity with (wishes, expectations, views, etc.).
- to encounter in experience: to meet hostility.
- to come together, face to face, or into company: We met on the street.
- to assemble for action, conference, or other common purpose, as a committee, legislature, or class: The board of directors will meet on Tuesday.
- to become personally acquainted.
- to come into contact or form a junction, as lines, planes, or areas: The two lines meet to form an angle.
- to be conjoined or united.
- to concur or agree.
- to come together in opposition or conflict, as adversaries or hostile forces.
- meet halfway:
- to concede in part, as to the demands of an opposing faction;
make concessions, as to another person;
compromise: Despite their differences, the union and the company finally agreed to meet halfway and settle their dispute.
- to anticipate another's actions and conduct oneself accordingly.
- meet with:
- to come across;
encounter: to meet with opposition.
- to experience;
receive: The visitors met with courtesy during their stay.
- to join, as for conference or instruction: I met with her an hour a day until we solved the problem.
- well met, [Archaic.]welcome.
- an assembly, as of persons and hounds for a hunt or swimmers or runners for a race or series of races: a track meet.
- those assembled.
- the place of such an assembling.
- [Math.]intersection (def. 3a).
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Staystay1 (stā),USA pronunciation v., stayed or staid, stay•ing, n.
- to spend some time in a place, in a situation, with a person or group, etc.: He stayed in the army for ten years.
- to continue to be as specified, as to condition or state: to stay clean.
- to hold out or endure, as in a contest or task (fol. by with or at): Please stay with the project as long as you can.
- to keep up, as with a competitor (fol. by with).
- [Poker.]to continue in a hand by matching an ante, bet, or raise.
- to stop or halt.
- to pause or wait, as for a moment, before proceeding or continuing;
linger or tarry.
- [Archaic.]to cease or desist.
- [Archaic.]to stand firm.
- to stop or halt.
- to hold back, detain, or restrain, as from going further.
- to suspend or delay (actions, proceedings, etc.).
- to appease or satisfy temporarily the cravings of (the stomach, appetite, etc.).
- to remain through or during (a period of time): We stayed two days in San Francisco.
- to remain to the end of;
remain beyond (usually fol. by out).
- [Archaic.]to await.
- stay the course, to persevere;
endure to completion.
- the act of stopping or being stopped.
- a stop, halt, or pause;
- a sojourn or temporary residence: a week's stay in Miami.
- a stoppage or arrest of action;
suspension of a judicial proceeding: The governor granted a stay of execution.
- [Informal.]staying power;
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Freefree (frē),USA pronunciation adj., fre•er, fre•est, adv., v., freed, free•ing.
- enjoying personal rights or liberty, as a person who is not in slavery: a land of free people.
- pertaining to or reserved for those who enjoy personal liberty: They were thankful to be living on free soil.
- existing under, characterized by, or possessing civil and political liberties that are, as a rule, constitutionally guaranteed by representative government: the free nations of the world.
- enjoying political autonomy, as a people or country not under foreign rule;
- exempt from external authority, interference, restriction, etc., as a person or one's will, thought, choice, action, etc.;
- able to do something at will;
at liberty: free to choose.
- clear of obstructions or obstacles, as a road or corridor: The highway is now free of fallen rock.
- not occupied or in use: I'll try to phone her again if the line is free.
- exempt or released from something specified that controls, restrains, burdens, etc. (usually fol. by from or of ): free from worry; free of taxes.
- having immunity or being safe (usually fol. by from): free from danger.
- provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment: free parking; a free sample.
- given without consideration of a return or reward: a free offer of legal advice.
- unimpeded, as motion or movement;
easy, firm, or swift.
- not held fast;
unattached: to get one's arm free.
- not joined to or in contact with something else: The free end of the cantilever sagged.
- acting without self-restraint or reserve: to be too free with one's tongue.
- ready or generous in giving;
lavish: to be free with one's advice.
- given readily or in profusion;
- frank and open;
unconstrained, unceremonious, or familiar.
- unrestrained by decency;
loose or licentious: free behavior.
- not subject to special regulations, restrictions, duties, etc.: The ship was given free passage.
- of, pertaining to, or characterized by free enterprise: a free economy.
- that may be used by or is open to all: a free market.
- engaged in by all present;
general: a free fight.
- not literal, as a translation, adaptation, or the like;
- uncombined chemically: free oxygen.
- traveling without power;
under no force except that of gravity or inertia: free flight.
- (of a vowel) situated in an open syllable (opposed to checked).
- at liberty to enter and enjoy at will (usually fol. by of ): to be free of a friend's house.
- not subject to rules, set forms, etc.: The young students had an hour of free play between classes.
- easily worked, as stone, land, etc.
- (of a vector) having specified magnitude and direction but no specified initial point. Cf. bound1 (def. 9).
- Also, large. (of a wind) nearly on the quarter, so that a sailing vessel may sail free.
- not containing a specified substance (often used in combination): a sugar-free soft drink.
- (of a linguistic form) occurring as an independent construction, without necessary combination with other forms, as most words. Cf. bound1 (def. 11).
- for free, [Informal.]without charge: The tailor mended my jacket for free.
- free and clear, [Law.]without any encumbrance, as a lien or mortgage: They owned their house free and clear.
- free and easy:
- excessively or inappropriately casual;
- set free, to release;
free: The prisoners were set free.
- with a free hand, generously;
openhandedly: He entertains visitors with a free hand.
- without cost, payment, or charge.
- in a free manner;
- away from the wind, so that a sailing vessel need not be close-hauled: running free.
- make free with:
- to use as one's own;
help oneself to: If you make free with their liquor, you won't be invited again.
- to treat with too much familiarity;
take liberties with.
- to make free;
set at liberty;
release from bondage, imprisonment, or restraint.
- to exempt or deliver (usually fol. by from).
- to relieve or rid (usually fol. by of ): to free oneself of responsibility.
- to disengage;
clear (usually fol. by from or of ).
- free up:
- to release, as from restrictions: Congress voted to free up funds for the new highway system.
- to disentangle: It took an hour to free up the traffic jam.
Howdy , this attachment is about Amazing Couch Surfng #6 Couchsurfing; A Great Way To Meet The Locals And Stay For Free. This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 784 x 522. It's file size is just 50 KB. Wether You ought to save This photo to Your PC, you can Click here. You might too see more photos by clicking the following image or read more at this post: Couch Surfng.
Choosing a Amazing Couch Surfng #6 Couchsurfing; A Great Way To Meet The Locals And Stay For Free can not be arbitrary. The home white colour takes a special layout for exterior or the interior. The unique layout of the ofcourse must be achieved to make the impact of your home white. Because the white house itself has limits on the room's part.
One thing to do inside the layout of the home white by picking simple bed of color that is white in line with the principle itself. With so bedrooms are constrained in proportions is going to be felt more happy. Not just that, the right design will make the room luxurious, cool and more wonderful.
When it comes to bedlinen and bad address themselves can use other colors for example gold, white, pink and also a mix of several colors. You may not have to select white shade a sleep of color that is white which will be centered by white colour.
Couch Surfng is frequently performed to produce an atmosphere of elegance and calm. In case you pick shaded bed so that the area look lighter but there is no damage. Like, merely a brownish coloring, black and blue Tosca. Every one of these shades appear wonderful and stylish. Along with may be placed on his cot's use.