Catcat1 (kat),USA pronunciation n., v., cat•ted, cat•ting.
- a small domesticated carnivore, Felis domestica or F. catus, bred in a number of varieties.
- any of several carnivores of the family Felidae, as the lion, tiger, leopard or jaguar, etc.
- a person, esp. a man.
- a devotee of jazz.
- a woman given to spiteful or malicious gossip.
- the fur of the domestic cat.
- a cat-o'-nine-tails.
- [Chiefly Brit.]the tapering piece of wood used in the game of tipcat.
- [Chiefly Brit.]the game itself.
- See four old cat, one old cat, three old cat, two old cat.
- a catboat.
- a catamaran.
- a catfish.
- a tackle used in hoisting an anchor to the cathead.
- a double tripod having six legs but resting on only three no matter how it is set down, usually used before or over a fire.
- [Navy Informal.]catapult (def. 2).
- (in medieval warfare) a movable shelter for providing protection when approaching a fortification.
- bell the cat, to attempt something formidable or dangerous.
- let the cat out of the bag, to divulge a secret, esp. inadvertently or carelessly: He let the cat out of the bag, and the surprise party wasn't a surprise after all.
- to flog with a cat-o'-nine-tails.
- to hoist (an anchor) and secure to a cathead.
- to vomit.
- cat around:
- to spend one's time aimlessly or idly.
- to seek sexual activity indiscriminately;
Knockingknock (nok),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to strike a sounding blow with the fist, knuckles, or anything hard, esp. on a door, window, or the like, as in seeking admittance, calling attention, or giving a signal: to knock on the door before entering.
- to strike in collision;
bump: He knocked into a table.
- to make a pounding noise: The engine of our car is knocking badly.
- to engage in trivial or carping criticism;
- [Cards.]to end a game, as in gin rummy, by laying down a hand in which those cards not included in sets total less than a specific amount.
- to give a sounding or forcible blow to;
- to drive, force, or render by a blow or blows: to knock a man senseless.
- to make by striking a blow or blows: to knock a hole in the wall.
- to strike (a thing) against something else.
- to criticize, esp. in a carping manner: He's always knocking everything.
- to astound;
- have it knocked, [Slang.]to be assured of success: With a government job, he thought he had it knocked.
- knock around or about, [Informal.]
- to wander aimlessly or idly;
- to mistreat (someone), esp. physically.
- to jar;
- knock back, [Slang.]to drink (a beverage), esp. quickly and heartily: He knocked back two shots of vodka.
- knock down:
- to sell at auction by a blow of the hammer or to a bidder.
- to take apart or disassemble, as for facility in handling, storing, shipping, etc.
- to receive, as a salary or a scholastic grade;
earn: He knocks down 30 grand a year.
- to lower the price of;
reduce: to knock down end-of-season leftovers.
- to embezzle or steal (money).
- to cause (a sailing vessel) to heel, as by a gust of wind, to such a degree that it cannot right itself.
- knock off:
- to cease activity, esp. work: to knock off at five every day.
- to stop doing something;
quit: Knock it off or you'll get into a mess.
- Slang. to dispose of;
- to murder;
- to die.
- to get rid of;
- to disable or defeat.
- to commit a robbery at;
steal from: The gang knocked off a gas station.
- [Slang. Naut.]to blow the head (of a sailing vessel) off the wind.
- to imitate, copy, or plagiarize: to knock off designer dresses in cheap materials.
- knock out:
- to defeat (an opponent) in a boxing match by striking such a blow that the opponent is unable to rise within the specified time.
- to render (a person) unconscious: Those sleeping pills knocked me out for ten hours.
- to make tired or exhausted: Christmas shopping always knocks me out.
- to produce quickly, hurriedly, or with ease: He knocks out two poems a day.
- to damage or destroy: The explosion knocked out the power for several hours.
- See knock (def. 18).
- knock out of the box, [Baseball.]to cause a pitcher to be removed from the box because the pitcher has permitted too many hits to be made. Also, knock out.
- knock over:
- to strike (someone or something) from an erect to a prone position: to knock over a lamp.
- to distress;
overcome: When the announcement came we were completely knocked over.
- to rob, burglarize, or hijack: He knocked over five banks.
- knock the or one's socks off, [Informal.]to have an overwhelming effect on: The song knocked the socks off the audience.
- knock together, to make or construct in a hurry or with little attention to detail: He knocked together a couple of tables.
- knock up:
- to make pregnant.
- to exhaust;
- to damage;
mar: The children knocked up the new table.
- to injure;
wound: He was afraid to come home from school all knocked up again.
- [Brit.]to wake up;
call: He knocked us up before dawn.
- an act or instance of knocking.
- the sound of knocking, esp. a rap, as at a door.
- a blow or thump.
- an adverse criticism.
- the noise resulting from faulty combustion or from incorrect functioning of some part of an internal-combustion engine.
- [Cricket.]an innings.
- one of a combination of dealers who bid together, rather than against each other, at an auction, and later resell the purchases among themselves.
- an auction at which this is done.
- the sale of merchandise recently obtained by a dealer at an auction.
Thingsthing1 (thing),USA pronunciation n.
- a material object without life or consciousness;
an inanimate object.
- some entity, object, or creature that is not or cannot be specifically designated or precisely described: The stick had a brass thing on it.
- anything that is or may become an object of thought: things of the spirit.
- things, matters;
affairs: Things are going well now.
- a fact, circumstance, or state of affairs: It is a curious thing.
- an action, deed, event, or performance: to do great things; His death was a horrible thing.
- a particular, respect, or detail: perfect in all things.
objective: The thing is to reach this line with the ball.
- an article of clothing: I don't have a thing to wear.
- implements, utensils, or other articles for service: I'll wash the breakfast things.
- personal possessions or belongings: Pack your things and go!
- a task;
chore: I've got a lot of things to do today.
- a living being or creature: His baby's a cute little thing.
- a thought or statement: I have just one thing to say to you.
- a peculiar attitude or feeling, either positive or negative, toward something;
mental quirk: She has a thing about cats.
- something signified or represented, as distinguished from a word, symbol, or idea representing it.
- anything that may be the subject of a property right.
- do or find one's own thing, [Informal.]to pursue a lifestyle that expresses one's self. Also, do or find one's thing.
- make a good thing of, [Informal.]to turn (a situation, experience, etc.) to one's own profit;
benefit by: She made a good thing of her spare-time hobbies.
- new thing, [Jazz.]See free jazz.
- not to get a thing out of:
- to be unable to obtain information or news from: The police couldn't get a thing out of him.
- to fail to appreciate, understand, or derive aesthetic pleasure from: My wife likes opera, but I don't get a thing out of it.
- see or hear things, [Informal.]to have hallucinations.
- the thing:
- something that is correct or fashionable: That café is the thing now.
- that which is expedient or necessary: The thing to do is to tell them the truth.
Offoff (ôf, of ),USA pronunciation adv.
- so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- so as to be no longer covering or enclosing: to take a hat off; to take the wrapping off.
- away from a place: to run off; to look off toward the west.
- away from a path, course, etc.;
aside: This road branches off to Grove City.
- so as to be away or on one's way: to start off early; to cast off.
- away from what is considered normal, regular, standard, or the like: to go off on a tangent.
- from a charge or price: He took 10 percent off for all cash purchases.
- at a distance in space or future time: to back off a few feet; Summer is only a week off.
- out of operation or effective existence: Turn the lights off.
- into operation or action: The alarm goes off at noon.
- so as to interrupt continuity or cause discontinuance: Negotiations have been broken off.
- in absence from work, service, a job, etc.: two days off at Christmas.
utterly: to kill off all the inhabitants.
- with prompt or ready performance: to dash a letter off.
- to fulfillment, or into execution or effect: The contest came off on the appointed day.
- into nonexistence or nothingness: My headache passed off soon.
- so as to be delineated, divided, or apportioned: Mark it off into equal parts.
- away from a state of consciousness: I must have dozed off.
- away from the land, a ship, the wind, etc.
- get it off. See get (def. 45).
- get off on. See get (def. 49).
- off and on:
- Also, on and off. with intervals between;
intermittently: to work off and on.
- on alternate tacks.
- off with:
- take away;
remove: Off with those muddy boots before you step into this kitchen!
- cut off: Off with his head!
- so as no longer to be supported by, attached to, on, resting on, or unified with: Take your feet off the table! Break a piece of bread off the loaf.
- deviating from: off balance; off course.
- below or less than the usual or expected level or standard: 20 percent off the marked price; I was off my golf game.
- away, disengaged, or resting from: to be off duty on Tuesdays.
- [Informal.]refraining or abstaining from;
denying oneself the pleasure, company, practice, etc., of: He's off gambling.
- away from;
apart or distant from: a village off the main road.
- leading into or away from: an alley off 12th Street.
- not fixed on or directed toward, as the gaze, eyes, etc.: Their eyes weren't off the king for a moment.
- from (a specified source): I bought it off a street vendor.
- from or of, indicating material or component parts: to lunch off cheese and fruit.
- from or by such means or use of: living off an inheritance; living off his parents.
- at some distance to seaward of: off Cape Hatteras.
- off of, [Informal.]off: Take your feet off of the table!
- in error;
wrong: You are off on that point.
- slightly abnormal or not quite sane: He is a little off, but he's really harmless.
- not up to standard;
not so good or satisfactory as usual;
inferior or subnormal: a good play full of off moments.
- no longer in effect, in operation, or in process: The agreement is off.
- stopped from flowing, as by the closing of a valve: The electricity is off.
- in a specified state, circumstance, etc.: to be badly off for money.
- (of time) free from work or duty;
nonworking: a pastime for one's off hours.
- not working at one's usual occupation: We're off Wednesdays during the summer.
- of less than the ordinary activity, liveliness, or lively interest;
slack: an off season in the tourist trade.
doubtful: on the off chance that we'd find her at home.
- more distant;
farther: the off side of a wall.
- (of a vehicle, single animal, or pair of animals hitched side by side) of, being, or pertaining to the right as seen from the rider's or driver's viewpoint (opposed to near): the off horse; the off side.
- starting on one's way;
leaving: I'm off to Europe on Monday. They're off and running in the third race at Aqueduct.
- lower in price or value;
down: Stock prices were off this morning.
- noting one of two like things that is the farther from the shore;
seaward: the off side of the ship.
- [Cricket.]noting or pertaining to that side of the wicket or of the field opposite that on which the batsman stands.
- the state or fact of being off.
- [Cricket.]the off side.
- to go off or away;
leave (used imperatively): Off, and don't come back!
- to kill;
Tablesta•ble (tā′bəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -bled, -bling, adj.
- an article of furniture consisting of a flat, slablike top supported on one or more legs or other supports: a kitchen table; an operating table; a pool table.
- such a piece of furniture specifically used for serving food to those seated at it.
- the food placed on a table to be eaten: She sets a good table.
- a group of persons at a table, as for a meal, game, or business transaction.
- a gaming table.
- a flat or plane surface;
a level area.
- a tableland or plateau.
- a concise list or guide: a table of contents.
- an arrangement of words, numbers, or signs, or combinations of them, as in parallel columns, to exhibit a set of facts or relations in a definite, compact, and comprehensive form;
a synopsis or scheme.
- (cap.) the constellation Mensa.
- a flat and relatively thin piece of wood, stone, metal, or other hard substance, esp. one artificially shaped for a particular purpose.
- a course or band, esp. of masonry, having a distinctive form or position.
- a distinctively treated surface on a wall.
- a smooth, flat board or slab on which inscriptions may be put.
- the tablets on which certain collections of laws were anciently inscribed: the tables of the Decalogue.
- the laws themselves.
- the inner or outer hard layer or any of the flat bones of the skull.
- a sounding board.
- the upper horizontal surface of a faceted gem.
- a gem with such a surface.
- on the table, [Parl. Proc.]
- [Brit.]submitted for consideration.
- turn the tables, to cause a reversal of an existing situation, esp. with regard to gaining the upper hand over a competitor, rival, antagonist, etc.: Fortune turned the tables and we won. We turned the tables on them and undersold them by 50 percent.
- under the table:
- as a bribe;
secretly: She gave money under the table to get the apartment.
- wait (on) table, to work as a waiter or waitress: He worked his way through college by waiting table.Also, wait tables.
- to place (a card, money, etc.) on a table.
- to enter in or form into a table or list.
- [Parl. Proc.]
- [Chiefly U.S.]to lay aside (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for future discussion, usually with a view to postponing or shelving the matter indefinitely.
- to present (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for discussion.
- of, pertaining to, or for use on a table: a table lamp.
- suitable for serving at a table or for eating or drinking: table grapes.
Howdy , this attachment is about Cat Knocking Things Off Tables #9 Dawn Productions. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 810 x 461. This photo's file size is only 37 KB. If You decided to download It to Your laptop, you may Click here. You may too download more photos by clicking the following picture or see more at this post: Cat Knocking Things Off Tables.
Could you select to other activities such as the shape and size of the sleep, it's also wise to pay attention as well as shade collection. Picking a mattress of white on white room would need to be altered to the measurement of the area. Variety of these bedrooms so that the bedroom white does not look entire or cramped since one to be really specific can pick the sleep.
Should you be buying mattress foryou as well as your spouse naturally choose the mattress size is enough for 2 individuals. But do not be too large along with it can take up area that is much. Estimate the only real mattress you decide on enough for your spouse as well as you.
But when you're looking for a Cat Knocking Things Off Tables #9 Dawn Productions for the child or for your own personel (with out a associate) it is greater if you choose a mini bed (single negative). By doing so, the area house won't feel cramped. This bed that was mini is properly used for teens or children.
Also the newest models of mattress today the majority are good-and can be used for-anything else. Underneath the mattress where the portion will undoubtedly be utilized being a clothes cabinet or closet. The mattresses have contemporary white color was chosen as it is good and relative to the thought of white coloring.