Coldcold (kōld),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., adv.
- having a relatively low temperature;
having little or no warmth: cold water; a cold day.
- feeling an uncomfortable lack of warmth;
chilled: The skaters were cold.
- having a temperature lower than the normal temperature of the human body: cold hands.
- lacking in passion, emotion, enthusiasm, ardor, etc.;
dispassionate: cold reason.
- not affectionate, cordial, or friendly;
unresponsive: a cold reply; a cold reception.
- lacking sensual desire: She remained cold to his advances.
- failing to excite feeling or interest: the cold precision of his prose.
imperturbable: cold impassivity.
dispiriting: the cold atmosphere of a hospital waiting room.
- unconscious because of a severe blow, shock, etc.: I knocked him cold with an uppercut.
- lacking the warmth of life;
lifeless: When the doctor arrived, the body was already cold.
weak: The dogs lost the cold scent.
- (in games) distant from the object of search or the correct answer.
- [Slang.](in sports and games) not scoring or winning;
ineffective: Cold shooting and poor rebounding were their undoing.
- having cool colors, esp. muted tones tending toward grayish blue.
- being a cool color.
- slow to absorb heat, as a soil containing a large amount of clay and hence retentive of moisture.
- noting or pertaining to any process involving plastic deformation of a metal at a temperature below that at which recrystallization can occur because of the strain: cold working.
- go cold, [Slang.](in sports and games) to become unproductive or ineffective;
be unable to score.
- in cold blood. See blood (def. 18).
- throw cold water on, to disparage;
dampen the enthusiasm of: They threw cold water on her hopes to take acting classes.
- the relative absence of heat: Everyone suffered from the intense cold.
- the sensation produced by loss of heat from the body, as by contact with anything having a lower temperature than that of the body: He felt the cold of the steel door against his cheek.
- cold weather: He can't take the cold.
- Also called common cold. a respiratory disorder characterized by sneezing, sore throat, coughing, etc., caused by an allergic reaction or by a viral, bacterial, or mixed infection.
- catch or take cold, to get or suffer from a cold: We all caught cold during that dreadful winter.
- in from the cold, out of a position or condition of exile, concealment, isolation, or alienation: Since the new government promised amnesty, fugitive rebels are coming in from the cold.
- left out in the cold, neglected;
forgotten: After the baby came, the young husband felt left out in the cold.Also, out in the cold.
- with complete competence, thoroughness, or certainty;
absolutely: He learned his speech cold.
- without preparation or prior notice: She had to play the lead role cold.
- in an abrupt, unceremonious manner: He quit the job cold.
- at a temperature below that at which recrystallization can occur (sometimes used in combination): to cold-hammer an iron bar; The wire was drawn cold.
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Howdy there, this image is about Cold Light (delightful Cold Light #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1008 x 1008. This image's file size is only 106 KB. If You want to save This photo to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You could too see more pictures by clicking the following picture or read more at this article: Cold Light.
You're not the sole people who can buy Cold Light. Every home owner needing furniture for their homes. That is the reason you can find a lot of options in retailers. It is very important to you to be sure all of the goods you decide on according to your budget as well as your home. Traditional furniture could charge hardly cheap.
Look for Cold Light that's resilient conventional in case you place them outdoors. Check the weak welds and fixtures. If you learn a weld that appears perhaps probably fragile, overlook them and find furniture that's tough. Each outside furniture you decide on must not be unable to endure the weather of character to be subjected for quite some time.
Thus, you should not overlook of using the furniture the possibility. Ads in backyard revenue together with nearby papers and music outlets typically may have some good furnishings. You'll have the furniture if required, reupholstered. By pursuing these suggestions, you can save a great deal of cash.