Handhand (hand),USA pronunciation n.
- the terminal, prehensile part of the upper limb in humans and other primates, consisting of the wrist, metacarpal area, fingers, and thumb.
- the corresponding part of the forelimb in any of the higher vertebrates.
- a terminal prehensile part, as the chela of a crustacean, or, in falconry, the foot of a falcon.
- something resembling a hand in shape or function, as various types of pointers: the hands of a clock.
- index (def. 8).
- a person employed in manual labor or for general duties;
laborer: a factory hand; a ranch hand.
- a person who performs or is capable of performing a specific work, skill, or action: a real hand at geometry.
characteristic touch: a painting that shows a master's hand.
- a person, with reference to ability or skill: He was a poor hand at running a business.
- a member of a ship's crew: All hands on deck!
- Often, hands. possession or power;
control, custody, or care: to have someone's fate in one's hands.
- a position, esp. one of control, used for bargaining, negotiating, etc.: an action to strengthen one's hand.
- means, agency;
instrumentality: death by his own hand.
active participation or cooperation: Give me a hand with this ladder.
direction: no traffic on either hand of the road.
- style of handwriting;
penmanship: She wrote in a beautiful hand.
- a person's signature: to set one's hand to a document.
- a round or outburst of applause for a performer: to get a hand.
- a promise or pledge, as of marriage: He asked for her hand in marriage.
- a linear measure equal to 4 inches (10.2 centimeters), used esp. in determining the height of horses.
- the cards dealt to or held by each player at one time.
- the person holding the cards.
- a single part of a game, in which all the cards dealt at one time are played.
- [Roman Law.]manus (def. 2).
- hands, [Manège.]skill at manipulating the reins of a horse: To ride well, one must have good hands.
- a bunch, cluster, or bundle of various leaves, fruit, etc., as a bundle of tobacco leaves tied together or a cluster of bananas.
- [Mach.]the deviation of a thread or tooth from the axial direction of a screw or gear, as seen from one end looking away toward the other.
- the position of the hinges of a door, in terms of right and left, as seen from outside the building, room, closet, etc., to which the doorway leads.
- the position of the hinges of a casement sash, in terms of right and left, from inside the window.
- Also called handle. the fabric properties that can be sensed by touching the material, as resilience, smoothness, or body: the smooth hand of satin.
- [Archaic.]a person considered as a source, as of information or of supply.
- at first hand, firsthand (def. 1).
- at hand:
- within reach;
- near in time;
- ready for use: We keep a supply of canned goods at hand.
- at second hand, See second hand (def. 3).
- at the hand or hands of, by the action of;
through the agency of: They suffered at the hands of their stepfather.
- by hand, by using the hands, as opposed to machines;
manually: lace made by hand.
- change hands, to pass from one owner to another;
change possession: The property has changed hands several times in recent years.
- come to hand:
- to come within one's reach or notice.
- to be received;
arrive: The spring stock came to hand last week.
- eat out of one's hand, to be totally submissive to another;
be very attentive or servile: That spoiled brat has her parents eating out of her hand.
- force one's hand, to prompt a person to take immediate action or to reveal his or her intentions: The criticism forced the governor's hand so that he had to declare his support of the tax bill.
- from hand to hand, from one person to another;
through successive ownership or possession: The legendary jewel went from hand to hand.
- from hand to mouth, improvidently;
with nothing in reserve: They looked forward to a time when they would no longer have to live from hand to mouth.
- give one's hand on or upon, to give one's word;
seal a bargain by or as if by shaking hands: He said the goods would be delivered within a month and gave them his hand on it.
- hand and foot:
- so as to hinder movement: They tied him hand and foot.
- slavishly and continually: Cinderella had to wait on her stepsisters hand and foot.
- hand and glove, very intimately associated: Several high-ranking diplomats were found to be hand and glove with enemy agents.Also, hand in glove.
- hand in hand:
- with one's hand enclasped in that of another person.
- closely associated;
conjointly: Doctors and nurses work hand in hand to save lives.
- hand over fist, speedily;
increasingly: He owns a chain of restaurants and makes money hand over fist.
- hands down:
easily: He won the championship hands down.
incontestably: It was hands down the best race I've ever seen.
- hands off! don't touch, strike, or interfere! keep away from!: Hands off my stereo!
- hands up! hold your hands above your head! give up!
- hand to hand, in direct combat;
at close quarters: The troops fought hand to hand.
- have a hand in, to have a share in;
participate in: It is impossible that she could have had a hand in this notorious crime.
- have one's hands full, to have a large or excessive amount of work to handle;
be constantly busy: The personnel department has its hands full trying to process the growing number of applications.
- hold hands, to join hands with another person as a token of affection: They have been seen holding hands in public.
- in hand:
- under control: He kept the situation well in hand.
- in one's possession: cash in hand.
- in the process of consideration or settlement: regarding the matter in hand.
- join hands, to unite in a common cause;
combine: The democracies must join hands in order to survive.
- keep one's hand in, to continue to practice: He turned the business over to his sons, but he keeps his hand in it. I just play enough golf to keep my hand in.
- lay one's hands on:
- to obtain;
acquire: I wish I could lay my hands on a good used piano.
- to seize, esp. in order to punish: He wanted to lay his hands on the person who had backed into his car.
- to impose the hands in a ceremonial fashion, as in ordination: The bishop laid hands on the candidates.
- lend or give a hand, to lend assistance;
help out: Lend a hand and we'll finish the job in no time.
- lift a hand, to exert any effort: She wouldn't lift a hand to help anyone.Also, lift a finger.
- off one's hands:
- out of one's charge or care: Now, with their children grown and off their hands, they will be free to travel.
- successfully completed;
finished: The lawyer planned a vacation as soon as the case was off his hands.
- on all hands:
- by everyone;
universally: It was decided on all hands to take an excursion.
- on every side;
all around: piercing glances on all hands.Also, on every hand.
- on hand:
- in one's possession;
at one's disposal: cash on hand.
- about to occur;
imminent: A change of government may be on hand.
- present: There were not enough members on hand to constitute a quorum.
- on or upon one's hands, under one's care or management;
as one's responsibility: He was left with a large surplus on his hands.
- on the other hand, from another side or aspect;
conversely: Itwas an unfortunate experience, but, on the other hand, one can learn from one's mistakes.
- out of hand:
- beyond control: to let one's temper get out of hand.
- without delay;
at once: The crisis obliged him to act out of hand.
- no longer in process;
finished: The case has been out of hand for some time.
- without consideration or deliberation: to reject a proposal out of hand.
- shake hands, to clasp another's hand in greeting, congratulation, or agreement: They shook hands on the proposed partnership.
- show one's hand, to disclose or display one's true intentions or motives: The impending revolution forced him to show his hand.
- sit on one's hands:
- to be unenthusiastic or unappreciative;
fail to applaud: It was a lively show, but the audience sat on its hands.
- to take no action;
be passive or hesitant: While he was being beaten, the others sat on their hands.
- take a hand in, to take part in;
participate in: If the strike continues, the government will have to take a hand in the negotiations.
- take in hand:
- to undertake responsibility for;
assume charge: When both parents died, an uncle took the youngster in hand.
- to deal with;
treat of: We'll take the matter in hand at the next meeting.
- throw up one's hands, to admit one's inadequacy, exasperation, or failure;
despair: When the general received reports of an enemy build-up, he threw up his hands.
- tie one's hands, to render one powerless to act;
thwart: The provisions of the will tied his hands.Also, have one's hands tied.
- tip one's hand, to reveal one's plans or intentions before the propitious time.
- to hand:
- within reach;
accessible or nearby.
- into one's possession: A search of the attic brought some valuable antiques to hand.
- try one's hand (at), to test one's skill or aptitude for: After becoming a successful painter, he decided to try his hand at sculpture.
- turn or put one's hand to, to set to work at;
busy oneself with: He turned his hand successfully to gardening.
- wash one's hands of, to disclaim any further responsibility for;
renounce interest in or support of: I washed my hands of the entire affair.
- with a heavy hand:
- with severity;
oppressively: The law will punish offenders with a heavy hand.
- in a clumsy manner;
gracelessly: The play was directed with a heavy hand.
- with a high hand, in an arrogant or dictatorial manner;
arbitrarily: He ran the organization with a high hand.
- to deliver or pass with or as if with the hand.
- to help, assist, guide, etc., with the hand: He handed the elderly woman across the street.
- to take in or furl (a sail).
- to haul on or otherwise handle.
- hand down:
- to deliver (the decision of a court): The jury handed down a verdict of guilty.
- to transmit from one to another, esp. to bequeath to posterity: The ring had been handed down from her grandmother.
- hand in, to submit;
present for acceptance: She handed in her term paper after the deadline.
- hand in one's checks, [Chiefly Brit.]See cash (def. 7).
- hand it to, [Informal.]to give just credit to;
pay respect to: You have to hand it to her for getting the work out.
- hand off, [Football.]to hand the ball to a member of one's team in the course of a play.
- hand on, to transmit;
pass on to a successor, posterity, etc.: The silver service was handed on to the eldest daughter of the family.
- hand out, to give or distribute;
pass out: People were handing out leaflets on every corner.
- hand over:
- to deliver into the custody of another.
- to surrender control of: He handed over his business to his children.
- of, belonging to, using, or used by the hand.
- made by hand.
- carried in or worn on the hand.
- operated by hand;
Carvedcarve (kärv),USA pronunciation v., carved, carv•ing.
- to cut (a solid material) so as to form something: to carve a piece of pine.
- to form from a solid material by cutting: to carve a statue out of stone.
- to cut into slices or pieces, as a roast of meat.
- to decorate with designs or figures cut on the surface: The top of the box was beautifully carved with figures of lions and unicorns.
- to cut (a design, figures, etc.) on a surface: Figures of lions and unicorns were carved on the top of the box.
- to make or create for oneself (often fol. by out): He carved out a career in business.
- to carve figures, designs, etc.
- to cut meat.
Woodenwood•en (wŏŏd′n),USA pronunciation adj.
- consisting or made of wood;
wood: a wooden ship.
- stiff, ungainly, or awkward: a wooden gait.
- without spirit, animation, or awareness.
- dull or stupid.
- indicating the fifth event of a series, as a wedding anniversary.
Eagleea•gle (ē′gəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -gled, -gling.
- any of several large, soaring birds of prey belonging to the hawk family Accipitridae, noted for their size, strength, and powers of flight and vision: formerly widespread in North America, eagles are mostly confined to Alaska and a few isolated populations. Cf. bald eagle, golden eagle.
- a figure or representation of an eagle, much used as an emblem: the Roman eagle.
- a standard, seal, or the like bearing such a figure.
- one of a pair of silver insignia in the shape of eagles with outstretched wings worn by a colonel in the U.S. Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps and by a captain in the U.S. Navy.
- (cap.) a gold coin of the U.S., traded for investment, available in denominations of 5, 10, 25, and 50 dollars containing 1/10 to 1 troy ounce of gold, having on its reverse a picture of an eagle: first issued in 1986.
- a former gold coin of the U.S., issued until 1933, equal to 10 dollars, showing an eagle on its reverse.
- [Golf.]a score of two below par for any single hole.
- (cap.) [Astron.]the constellation Aquila.
- a representation in green of an eagle, used on playing cards to designate a suit in the pack additional to the four standard suits.
- a card of a suit so designated.
- eagles, the suit itself.
- [Golf.]to make an eagle on (a hole).
Décordé•cor (dā kôr′, di-, dā′kôr),USA pronunciation n.
- style or mode of decoration, as of a room, building, or the like: modern office décor; a bedroom having a Spanish décor.
- decoration in general;
ornamentation: beads, baubles, and other décor.
- [Theat.]scenic decoration;
Piecepiece (pēs),USA pronunciation n., v., pieced, piec•ing.
- a separate or limited portion or quantity of something: a piece of land; a piece of chocolate.
- a quantity of some substance or material forming a single mass or body: a nice piece of lumber.
- a more or less definite portion or quantity of a whole: to cut a blueberry pie into six pieces.
- a particular length, as of certain goods prepared for the market: cloth sold by the piece.
- an amount of work forming a single job: to be paid by the piece and not by the hour.
- an example of workmanship, esp. of artistic production, as a picture or a statue: The museum has some interesting pieces by Picasso.
- a literary composition, usually short, in prose or verse.
- a literary selection for recitation: Each child had a chance to recite a piece.
- a musical composition.
- one of the parts that, when assembled, form a whole: the pieces of a clock.
- an individual article of a set or collection: a set of dishes containing 100 pieces.
- one of the figures, disks, blocks, or the like, of wood, ivory, or other material, used in playing, as on a board or table.
- (in chess) a superior man, as distinguished from a pawn: to take a rook, a bishop, and other pieces.
- a token, charm, or amulet: a good-luck piece.
- an individual thing of a particular class or kind: a piece of furniture; a piece of drawing paper.
- an example, specimen, or instance of something: a fine piece of workmanship.
- one of the parts into which a thing is destructively divided or broken;
a part, fragment, or shred: to tear a letter into pieces.
- a soldier's rifle, pistol, etc.
- a cannon or other unit of ordnance: field piece.
- a coin: a five-cent piece.
- [Midland and Southern U.S.]a distance: I'm going down the road a piece.
- [Chiefly North Midland U.S.]a snack.
- Also called piece′ of ass′. Slang (vulgar).
- a person considered as a partner in coitus.
- give someone a piece of one's mind. See mind (def. 20).
- go to pieces:
- to break into fragments.
- to lose control of oneself;
become emotionally or physically upset: When he flunked out of medical school he went to pieces.
- of a piece, of the same kind;
consistent. Also, of one piece.
- piece of the action. See action (def. 22).
- speak one's piece, to express one's opinion;
reveal one's thoughts upon a subject: I decided to speak my piece whether they liked it or not.
- to mend (a garment, article, etc.) by adding, joining, or applying a piece or pieces;
- to complete, enlarge, or extend by an added piece or something additional (often fol. by out): to piece out a library with new books.
- to make by or as if by joining pieces (often fol. by together): to piece a quilt; to piece together a musical program.
- to join together, as pieces or parts: to piece together the fragments of a broken dish.
- to join as a piece or addition to something: to piece new wire into the cable.
- to assemble into a meaningful whole by combining available facts, information, details, etc.: He pieced the story together after a lot of effort.
- [Chiefly North Midland U.S.]to eat small portions of food between meals;
Howdy guys, this attachment is about Hand Carved Wooden Eagle Décor Piece . (superior Eagle Decor #8). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 810 x 810. This attachment's file size is only 75 KB. If You want to save This photo to Your PC, you can Click here. You might also see more attachments by clicking the following picture or read more at this article: Eagle Decor.
Hand Carved Wooden Eagle Décor Piece . (superior Eagle Decor #8) is one of many hottest substances and so are often-used for the floor along with the Stone can also be a volcanic stone created by heat and force and therefore are obtainable in numerous tones like dark hues, light grey and green along with other colors, Today because of the strength and longevity, jewel marble ceramic variety generally used for home floors, walls and flooring components and also developing a livingroom.
The bright hues are recommended listed here is not-so striking vibrant colour, because the effect will be really created by the color mixture of Hand Carved Wooden Eagle Décor Piece . (superior Eagle Decor #8) with impressive shades sweaty. Select shades that are soft although bright but soft. For instance, light white, turf green, blue, among others. However, you should select the mix that is appropriate even though the combination with different shades which might be better or banned.
But gray is actually a natural shade that seems nonetheless simple to match with different colors more distinction. So that the chosen color Eagle Decor is suitable for those who need to use simple shades like white, but less. To obtain the combination right paint coloring, in selecting color mixtures, you must consider these ideas and factors. Select a color to paint the surfaces a brilliant color combinations of grey.
Naturally you know lots of these types of granite and possesses become a fresh craze in the world of residence and undoubtedly you are confused in picking a design, in establishing a home, you should consider the correct color for the walls of your home. Shade grey house generally picked as the bottom color is prominent, although it is not rare to also provide a natural shade for example white coloring to paint the surfaces of the house.