MickeyMick•ey (mik′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -eys, adj.
- Also called Mick′ey Finn′. a drink, usually alcoholic, to which a drug, purgative, or the like, has been secretly added, that renders the unsuspecting drinker helpless.
- (often l.c.) Also, micky. a potato, esp. a roasted Irish potato.
- a male or female given name.
- (sometimes l.c.) See mickey mouse.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Minniemin•nie (min′ē),USA pronunciation n. [Scot. and North Eng. Informal.]
Mousemouse (n. mous;v. mouz),USA pronunciation n., pl. mice (mīs),USA pronunciation v., moused, mous•ing.
- any of numerous small Old World rodents of the family Muridae, esp. of the genus Mus, introduced widely in other parts of the world.
- any similar small animal of various rodent and marsupial families.
- a quiet, timid person.
- a palm-sized, button-operated device that can be slid on wheels or ball bearings over a desktop to move the cursor on a CRT to any position, or slid over a drawing in order to recreate the drawing on a CRT. Cf. joystick (def. 2).
- a swelling under the eye, caused by a blow or blows;
- a girl or woman.
- to hunt out, as a cat hunts out mice.
- [Naut.]to secure with a mousing.
- to hunt for or catch mice.
- to prowl about, as if in search of something: The burglar moused about for valuables.
- to seek or search stealthily or watchfully, as if for prey.
Cookiescook•y (kŏŏk′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. cook•ies.
Easyeas•y (ē′zē),USA pronunciation adj., eas•i•er, eas•i•est, adv., n.
- not hard or difficult;
requiring no great labor or effort: a book that is easy to read; an easy victory.
- free from pain, discomfort, worry, or care: He led an easy life.
- providing or conducive to ease or comfort;
comfortable: an easy stance; an easy relationship.
- fond of or given to ease;
easygoing: an easy disposition.
- not harsh or strict;
lenient: an easy master.
- not burdensome or oppressive: easy terms on a loan.
- not difficult to influence or overcome;
compliant: an easy prey; an easy mark.
- free from formality, constraint, or embarrassment: He has an easy manner.
- effortlessly clear and fluent: an easy style of writing.
- readily comprehended or mastered: an easy language to learn.
- not tight or constricting: an easy fit.
- not forced or hurried;
moderate: an easy pace.
- not steep;
gradual: an easy flight of stairs.
- (of a commodity) not difficult to obtain;
in plentiful supply and often weak in price.
- (of the market) not characterized by eager demand.
- (of a bilge) formed in a long curve so as to make a gradual transition between the bottom and sides of a vessel;
- (of the run of a hull) having gently curved surfaces leading from the middle body to the stern;
- in an easy manner;
comfortably: to go easy; take it easy.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter E.
Sugarsug•ar (shŏŏg′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a sweet, crystalline substance, C12H22O11, obtained chiefly from the juice of the sugarcane and the sugar beet, and present in sorghum, maple sap, etc.: used extensively as an ingredient and flavoring of certain foods and as a fermenting agent in the manufacture of certain alcoholic beverages;
sucrose. Cf. beet sugar, cane sugar.
- a member of the same class of carbohydrates, as lactose, glucose, or fructose.
- (sometimes cap.) an affectionate or familiar term of address (sometimes offensive when used to strangers, casual acquaintances, subordinates, etc., esp. by a male to a female).
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter S.
- to cover, sprinkle, mix, or sweeten with sugar.
- to make agreeable.
- to form sugar or sugar crystals.
- to make maple sugar.
- sugar off, (in making maple sugar) to complete the boiling down of the syrup in preparation for granulation.
Cookiecook•ie (kŏŏk′ē),USA pronunciation n.
- a small cake made from stiff, sweet dough rolled and sliced or dropped by spoonfuls on a large, flat pan (cookie sheet) and baked.
sweetheart (a term of address, usually connoting affection).
- a person: a smart cookie; a tough cookie.
- an alluring young woman.
- [South Atlantic U.S.](chiefly North Carolina). a doughnut.
- a bun.
- toss or spill one's cookies, [Slang.]to vomit.
Byby1 (bī),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., pl. byes.
- near to or next to: a home by a lake.
- over the surface of, through the medium of, along, or using as a route: He came by the highway. She arrived by air.
- on, as a means of conveyance: They arrived by ship.
- to and beyond the vicinity of;
past: He went by the church.
- within the extent or period of;
during: by day; by night.
- not later than;
at or before: I usually finish work by five o'clock.
- to the extent or amount of: The new tug is larger than the old one by a great deal. He's taller than his sister by three inches.
- from the opinion, evidence, or authority of: By his own account he was in Chicago at the time. I know him by sight.
- according to;
in conformity with: This is a bad movie by any standards.
- with (something) at stake;
on: to swear by all that is sacred.
- through the agency, efficacy, work, participation, or authority of: The book was published by Random House.
- from the hand, mind, invention, or creativity of: She read a poem by Emily Dickinson. The phonograph was invented by Thomas Edison.
- in consequence, as a result, or on the basis of: We met by chance. We won the game by forfeit.
- accompanied with or in the atmosphere of: Lovers walk by moonlight.
- in treatment or support of;
for: He did well by his children.
next after, as of the same items in a series: piece by piece; little by little.
- (in multiplication) taken the number of times as that specified by the second number, or multiplier: Multiply 18 by 57.
- (in measuring shapes) having an adjoining side of, as a width relative to a length: a room 10 feet by 12 feet.
- (in division) separated into the number of equal parts as that specified by the second number, or divisor: Divide 99 by 33.
- in terms or amounts of;
in measuring units of: Apples are sold by the bushel. I'm paid by the week.
- begot or born of: Eve had two sons by Adam.
- (of quadrupeds) having as a sire: Equipoise II by Equipoise.
- [Navig.](as used in the names of the 16 smallest points on the compass) one point toward the east, west, north, or south of N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, or NW, respectively: He sailed NE by N from Pago Pago.
- into, at, or to: Come by my office this afternoon.
in the immediate vicinity;
at hand: The school is close by.
- to and beyond a point near something;
past: The car drove by.
away: Put your work by for the moment. Over the years, she laid by enough money to retire.
past: in times gone by.
- by and by, in a short time;
presently: The clouds will disappear by and by.
- by and large, in general;
on the whole: By and large, there is much to be said for the new system.
- by me:
- (in bridge and other bidding card games) a declaration that the speaker is passing.
- (in poker) a declaration that the speaker is checking: Is my pair of tens still high? By me.
adj. Also, bye.
- situated to one side: They came down a by passage.
- secondary, incidental: It was only a by comment.
- by the by. See bye 1 (def. 5).
Simplesim•ple (sim′pəl),USA pronunciation adj., -pler, -plest, n.
- easy to understand, deal with, use, etc.: a simple matter; simple tools.
- not elaborate or artificial;
plain: a simple style.
- not ornate or luxurious;
unadorned: a simple gown.
modest: a simple manner.
- not complicated: a simple design.
- not complex or compound;
- occurring or considered alone;
bare: the simple truth; a simple fact.
- free of deceit or guile;
unconditional: a frank, simple answer.
- common or ordinary: a simple soldier.
- not grand or sophisticated;
unpretentious: a simple way of life.
- humble or lowly: simple folk.
- inconsequential or rudimentary.
- lacking mental acuteness or sense: a simple way of thinking.
- composed of only one substance or element: a simple substance.
- not mixed.
- not divided into parts: a simple leaf; a simple stem.
- not compound: a simple ascidian.
- uncompounded or without overtones;
single: simple tone.
- having only the head without modifying elements included: The simple subject of "The dappled pony gazed over the fence'' is "pony.''Cf. complete (def. 5).
- (of a verb tense) consisting of a main verb with no auxiliaries, as takes (simple present) or stood (simple past) (opposed to compound).
- linear (def. 7).
- (of a lens) having two optical surfaces only.
- an ignorant, foolish, or gullible person.
- something simple, unmixed, or uncompounded.
- simples, cords for controlling the warp threads in forming the shed on draw-looms.
- a person of humble origins;
- an herb or other plant used for medicinal purposes: country simples.
The walls units inside the kitchen and became a lag involving the kitchen desk termed backsplash, has become among the critical things while in the kitchen. Its profile not just serves from splashes of acrylic or foodstuffs as a protective wall, but also effective at being pretty aspects that boost the look of the kitchen.
Coating content mustn't just scratch- immune but also resilient to high humidity. Because the films tend to be in touch with sharp materials such as knives this is. You'll be able to select product that is organic or unnatural. For natural products it is possible to choose rock's sort that's as strong as granite and marble. Are you aware that current artificial solid surface and ceramics.